What does the future demand of our schools and students?
This playlist aims to get your juices flowing! What is the future of education? What do students need to learn and what kind of skills do they need to be competitive in tomorrow’s world? By understanding the skills young people need to succeed, understanding the type of world we will live in, and by understanding the challenges of that world, we can start to design learning environments that really prepare students to excel and contribute.
Read, Watch, and Listen
The State of Affairs
- 17 Great Challenges
- Wicked Problems Worth Solving
- 9 Elephants in the (Class)Room That Should “Unsettle” Us
- 8 New Jobs People will Have in 2025
- Students with Disabilities Need to Be Ready for College Too
- Changing Demographics in Education: As Diversity Grow, So Must We
- How Artificial Intelligence Will Change Everything
- What Kids Should Know by the Time They're Done with School
- The Future of Learning
- Education and Skill for the Fourth Revolution
- What will future jobs look like?
- Google’s Moonshot Summit
- Child Driven Education
- Preparing Students for the Challenges of Tomorrow
- The Future of School Reform
- Sir Ken Robinson: Changing Education Paradigms
- 8 Great Leaps
- School Retool
- How to renovate the instructional core.
- Redesigning curriculum for the 21st Century
- What kind of outcomes should I be designing for?
- What should my population of students look like? Why?
- What does this make you think about your graduate profile?
- What needs to happen for me and my community to make these changes?